Food truck insurance coverage
There are many businesses that commonly need food truck insurance and these include:
- Mobile food trucks
- Lunch trucks
- Catering trucks
- Concession trucks
- Vending trucks
- Ice cream trucks
Our commercial agents can help you find the coverage you need to safeguard your livelihood. We can also help you find coverage to protect against other liabilities such as customer illness, property damage and employee injury.
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance: An essential coverage for food trucks and trailers. You’ll also want to consider adding physical damage coverage to your policy to protect your vehicle and any permanently attached appliances and equipment.
- General Liability Insurance: Protects your food truck business against financial liabilities that result from accidents for which you’re legally liable.
- Product liability: which would cover your business should a customer become ill from contaminated food or being burned by hot food.
- Damage to premises rented: this is a crucial coverage for food truck business owners as you are you are constantly moving from one location to another which increases the risk of causing damage to the rented location and
Also, if you have employees, you would most likely need:
- Workers’ Compensation: Covers medical costs and a portion of lost wages for an employee who becomes injured or ill on the job. Can also protect your business from being sued by employees for workplace conditions that can cause injury or illness.
- Inland marine policy: this coverage would apply to portable equipment that you use to operate your business such as an iPad you use as your point of sale.
- Loss of business income: since your vehicle is your source of income, make sure to discuss with your agent how to obtain coverage for the lost income in case your truck is no longer operational.
To review your current food truck insurance policy or get a quote with us, please contact us at 541-482-0831 or request a quote online