Life Insurance and Retirement Planning
Ensuring Your Tomorrow & Your Legacy
There are as many strategies for retirement planning as there are for retirees!
Working with one of our experienced agents ensures that your plans, interests, goals, and risk tolerance will be taken into account as you develop your plan, manage your plan over years, then draw down your assets in tactical laddered steps that minimize taxation and maximize cash flow, all while keeping your legacy at the forefront.
We use a holistic approach to supporting individuals, small companies, and large firms to embed employer-sponsored plans. Additionally, we can assist with individual plans and even work with multi-principal companies to place stock transfer agreements funded by approved life insurance. In certain cases, it makes financial sense to add to those forms disability insurance plans, where we can step up the cost-bases for agents and company officers to manage tax risks at the time of sale.
There are no products we drive clients to, nor several policies we seek to “sell.” We want to gather data, interests, and appropriate lifestyle information to support the intended outcomes best. Coverage is so flexible in modern times that the death benefit, or the amount of money paid to beneficiaries of life insurance in the case of a qualifying event, is just a couple of key needs that we assist in planning for.
Our process includes gathering and analyzing a lot of data because “prescription without diagnosis is malpractice.”
We find efficiencies in cash flow to free up working capital that can be invested in ways clients can ethically support. We use no pressure! We discuss incomes, outflows, taxation, inflation, tactics, and strategy to help embed plans that last a lifetime. Because we are holistic planners by nature, we represent many life insurance companies, as many have unique endorsements, riders, or built-in benefits that pique the interest of our consumers.
Life insurance in Oregon? We do it, as well as in many other states. Our specialists are licensed by the appropriate state division of financial regulation to serve in limited capacities. Our trainers and mentors are licensed in all 50 states, so even if we cannot currently support a prospective client’s planning, we are a phone call away from a firm with over 30 years of experience in this as well.
Some of our vehicles for assisting with retirement planning include:
- Term life insurance
- Savings account management
- Final expense coverage, the small amount lump sum life insurance benefit designed to pay for funeral expenses
- Annuities, creation of a stream of future income as funded in advance, including agreed interest level
- Indexed annuities, annuities as above that are “indexed” or linked to a financial fund like S&P 500 that can have a fluctuating interest value
- Single-payment immediate annuities, annuities that are paid in advance but that begin to pay a stream of income beginning immediately.
- Permanent life insurance or whole life insurance, life insurance in which one never has to “qualify” for coverage again, can be in force until age 100 and can have an internal rate of return.
- Indexed life insurance, the coverage that has a part of the premium payment buy shares of an index like the S&P 500 that has fluctuating internal rate of return
- Critical Illness coverage
- Universal life insurance, policy that has part term and part some indexed type of interest-bearing investment account
- Long-term care insurance
- Disability insurance
- SIMPLE Plans
- SEP Plans
Some common times or life experiences that can prompt a call to a life insurance and retirement planning specialist:
- Determination to absorb a special needs person into the family
- Purchase of a company
- Creation of a company
- Creation of any multi-partner enterprise
- Retirement from any career
- Plan for overseas travel
- Exit from a high-paying firm
- Exit from a government position
- Company investment in equipment
- Sale of stock
- Recognition of “key employee”
- Consideration of creating “golden handcuffs” for top producers in a business
- Securing funding for a loan of capital
- Receipt of venture
- Purchase of S-Corp stock in a small or medium-sized business
Some of these situations are counter-intuitive. If you want more information on how these vehicles could benefit your family or business, contact us for talking points. Again: Recognize that we never use pressure or fear to create an opportunity. If there is risk and an “insurable interest,” we can help establish a risk transference mechanism that can benefit you, your heirs, your company, your favorite non-profit, etc.
There is no “one size fits all” approach to these challenges. We remain positive regarding our colleagues and competition; however, no one company or source could ever be all things to all people in all situations and places. There are so many moving parts to proper planning! We focus on the principles of maximizing cash flow by minimizing taxation and inefficiencies as a foundation, and we have found that we can help over 90% of people and companies that we speak to because of our unique approaches to problem-solving.
Contact one of our agents to discuss life insurance and retirement plans. You’ll be glad that you did, and so will we. These conversations are both enriching and unique. Use us to learn, and we’ll also learn in the process!