Special events insurance coverage
Whether you’re planning your big day or hosting a charity 5k run, make sure you can enjoy your event without worry and make sure you are protected in case accidents happen. Many venues will require you to purchase general liability insurance for your event to protect you and them in case someone gets hurt or the property is damaged. You might even be at risk of losing your event spot if you don’t provide proof of insurance. But you could lose even more than that if you don’t get the right coverage.
Eligible events are typically private and may include functions such as:
- Anniversary parties
- Baby showers
- Birthday parties
- Religious celebrations
- Sport events suck as a 5K
- Business dinners
- Business meetings
- Corporate private parties
- Fundraiser dinners
- Non-profit functions
- Art exhibitions …
Special event insurance can help protect you from financial loss for a specific occasion, such as a wedding. The most common type of event insurance include:
- Liability: insurance protects the event holder and the venue in case of claims resulting from property damage or injuries that occur during the event.
- Event Cancellation/Postponement: This could be added to your liability policy for your wedding with some carriers. Cancellation insurance covers costs in case you unexpectedly need to cancel. This coverage cancellation insurance can help reimburse you for non-refundable deposits and expenses if you have to cancel or postpone your event due to unforeseen circumstances, such as:
- Vendor bankruptcy
- Extreme weather
- Accident or illness of host, honoree, or immediate family member
- Some venues might require Host liquor liability insurance if you are serving alcohol.